When thinking of great Cornish creations, Moomaid of Zennor comes to mind! For me, something even more specific comes to mind; the Moomaid of Zennor dark chocolate sorbet flavour.
This flavour is quite honestly incredible. Having first discovered it a number of years ago, no other flavour of ice cream or sorbet has ever compared! Now that’s a tall claim I know but let me give you the reasons why.
- This flavour is quite unique, sorbets usually come in fruity flavours so having something like a dark chocolate flavour is rare
- As a big dark chocolate fan, why is it so hard to get a dark chocolate flavoured ice cream?! The fact that this sorbet is chocolate flavoured is impressive, but dark chocolate, wow!
- Because it is a sorbet it is less creamy than ice cream and because it is dark chocolate it also doesn’t taste really sickly. Even if you’re usually not a fan of dark chocolate, you’d appreciate this! I’ve converted many anti dark chocolate friends on this!
- As an animal lover, I love that Moomaid of Zennor showcase the cows from their farm in their St Ives store. These cows aren’t just milk makers, they’re part of the Moomaid family.
- Moomaid of Zennor make their ice cream on their farm in West Cornwall and use the finest quality ingredients. They even publish the odd recipe for certain flavours on their website; it’s nice to know what goes into your food and that there are no nasty added extras!
In summary, this really is the best sorbet in the world and I love the local, handmade feel of Moodmaid of Zennor. They have two Moomaid outlets; St Ives and Porthtowan, both settings where you can enjoy your ice cream with a beautiful view of the sea. We travel to the other end of Cornwall just to get this flavour, that’s how much we love it! Oh and I really do think their logo and inclusion of the Mermaid of Zennor legend is fabulously creative, don’t you?
Any Room for Improvement?
Moomaid, please please start doing tubs of the dark chocolate sorbet, this really is the best flavour ever and I want to be able to get it from one of your stockists!
Where to buy Moomaid of Zennor
Along with stockists across Cornwall offering tubs of Moomaid of Zennor (a list of which retailers and the flavours the tubs come in can be found on the website http://www.moomaidofzennor.com), there are two Moomaid of Zennor ice cream parlours! Yummy! Locations can be found below 🙂 Happy ice cream eating!